Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A full response to the article...

This summer, my family stopped paying for cable and basically boycotted television.  My younger siblings learned how to use Netflix and my family got all its news from the internet.  Life was really good. I mean, at first it kind of stunk not being able to turn on the tv and watch my favorite shows, but I got used to it and stop caring so much.
I wouldn’t say my dad is a nerd, but he is pretty good with computers, pretty smart, and wants to know everything about everything. I think he just got fed up not only with the high prices of cable, but also how so much of the news never applied to him. Sure, he would learn about everything that was going on, but nothing that interested him. He’d much rather be playing tennis in the backyard than watching something he doesn’t care about.
For me, I’ve never really paid attention to the news so much until last year when we had to read the New York Times every day for my media writing class. At first I really enjoyed reading it but then it got old really fast because I felt like the exact same crisis was being written about just in a different tone or by someone else. After a while it felt forced.
With my experience now I prefer getting my news from the internet and from social media sites because I get to choose what I look at based on what interests me.  I also feel like the internet doesn’t have to be as professional as the newspaper or television news so it’s a lot more enjoyable to read and not as boring. It also contains links, pictures, and videos that keep me entertained.
Whatever happens with news in the future I look forward to it and am sure that I will adapt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment