Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, September 12, 2011

Converting to Comms 239


This blog is now going to be used for my Comms 239 class.  The name, “It’s all just a big time bomb” still fits because it applies to journalism in a sense that there is only so much time before a story is reported, and the information is out for the public to feast on.  If journalists aren’t responsible in getting the correct and factual information out, some one else will, and they won’t care whether or not it is the truth. 
            In reflection to last weeks’ class and the group presentation (September 6th), I really liked how the group presented their chapter and gave the class a handout, which outlined the material.  I really appreciated that and used to it to take notes on!  One thing I would have suggested about their presentation was to more evenly divide the information that was presented between the group members.  It seemed that some of the members had bigger topics in comparison with other group members.  Other than that though, it was a well-presented topic with clear information.  For my link I decided to look up Walter Lippman since he was part of the chapter and I did not write down any information about him or his influence on journalism.  Below is a link to a biography I read about Lippman and his political/journalistic experiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment